Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good Good-byes

God has truly blessed us with deep relationships with great people. Today was just more proof that we are surrounded by people who genuinely love and care for us. We had a farewell get together at the WGM Student Involvement Center in Wilmore tonight. We have definitely felt the love and prayers of those who support us and our ministry in Mexico, but had no idea so many people would come by to bid us farewell before we leave. As we looked around at all the smiling faces and talked with our dear friends, we felt joy and sadness. We felt joy because as we go we are able to take them along with us as they pray for us and support us. We felt sadness because we will be leaving such great friends behind. Words cannot express just how much our friends mean to us and just how empowered we feel because they believe in us.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'm so excited for you guys and so grateful that I met you when I did! It's been great to be encouraged by you in my preparation for the mission field even as I've been at home this summer and just reading your blog. How fun that we're heading for Latin America just days apart! I fly out first thing Friday morning...only about 24 hours to go! I don't know when you'll read this, but if you get it in time, please pray that my luggage makes it all the way through without damage! I'm taking lots of stuff for my class.